Connecting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connecting

Welcome to the HelpingHoarders.com discussion forums.
A non-judgemental community for support and sharing

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HH Main SiteHH Main Site  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Stop Clutter from Stealing Your Life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gopats

gopats

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Stop Clutter from Stealing Your Life Empty
PostSubject: Stop Clutter from Stealing Your Life   Stop Clutter from Stealing Your Life EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 7:46 pm

Stop Clutter from Stealing Your Life by Mike Nelson

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/product-description/1564145026/ref=dp_proddesc_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1564145026/sr=1-2/qid=1203561710/ref=dp_image_0/102-5335601-6188941?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books&qid=1203561710&sr=1-2

From the Publisher
Many books will tell you how you should organize your life. This one doesn't tell you that you should follow "systems" and hard rules. It gently leads you to understand why you clutter, how it affects every aspect of your life, why an approach of "practical spirituality" can help you more than a to-do list, and then gives you some very practical tips that only a real clutterer would know. Mr. Nelson approaches a very serious problem that affects millions with a sensitivity that only a fellow sufferer could have, and a wry humor that makes the journey to recovery less painful. One of the stories is about a rock and roll star who has 27 refrigerators! If you've tried and tried to organize, and read other books that didn't seem to speak your language, this book is for you. It passes into the realm of books that can change your life. Unique in Mr. Nelson's approach is that he addresses the strains that cluttering can have on relationships. He's personally released over a ton of useless items. Financial clutter is also addressed. Medical experts, religious leaders, professional organizers, businessmen and clutterers themselves all present their views of the elephant. Mr. Nelson ties them together to show the whole animal.

From the Author
I was lead to write this book as I learned just how destructive cluttering was to my life. It destroyed relationships, cost me money, lost me a dream job and blocked my spirituality. You are not alone. There are millions of us, and this book is one way for us to reclaim our lives. I use the teachings of many spiritual leaders to guide us on the way: Laotze, Buddha, Jesus and, of course, General George S. Patton Jr.
Back to top Go down
gopats

gopats

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Stop Clutter from Stealing Your Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop Clutter from Stealing Your Life   Stop Clutter from Stealing Your Life EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 9:07 am

I wanted to add that this book is very compassionate and does not make you feel like you are a substandard person for having clutter/hoarding/etc. But, at the same time, it focuses on meaningful changes and how having clutter may impeded progress in other areas of life.
Back to top Go down

Stop Clutter from Stealing Your Life
Page 1 of 1