Connecting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connecting

Welcome to the HelpingHoarders.com discussion forums.
A non-judgemental community for support and sharing

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HH Main SiteHH Main Site  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Any Comments on Oprah Show?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Any Comments on Oprah Show? Empty
PostSubject: Any Comments on Oprah Show?   Any Comments on Oprah Show? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 9:36 am

Oprah Show: "Inside The Lives of Hoarders"
http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200711/tows_past_20071115.jhtml?promocode=HP51
3/25 & 3/26

Any thoughts or comments?
Do you think the fresh start will help Sharon?
Back to top Go down
http://helpinghoarders.com
Scarlett O'Hoarder

Scarlett O'Hoarder

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Any Comments on Oprah Show?   Any Comments on Oprah Show? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 3:44 pm

I have to admit I was a little disappointed (altho I did purchase both books suggested on the show!).

I would have liked to hear more from the psychologist on the show about the causes and treatments for compulsive hoarders, since I also have OCD and most researchers seem to feel that hoarding is a part of the OCD spectrum of disorders.

Still, I'm glad that Oprah brought this very distressing problem to the nation's attention---and I'm glad to find out I'm not actually the worst hoarder in the world, lol!
Back to top Go down
gopats

gopats

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Any Comments on Oprah Show?   Any Comments on Oprah Show? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 9:46 pm

Hi Scarlett!

Welcome!!

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

I did not see the Oprah shows, I have seen clips. Which books did you buy?

I am on the journey to recovery w/out professional therpy but with a lot of self reflection and internet "research".

Glad to have you here!!

gopats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Comments on Oprah Show?   Any Comments on Oprah Show? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Comments on Oprah Show?
Page 1 of 1