Connecting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connecting

Welcome to the HelpingHoarders.com discussion forums.
A non-judgemental community for support and sharing

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HH Main SiteHH Main Site  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

What are the reasons motivating you to work on it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-01-14

What are the reasons motivating you to work on it? Empty
PostSubject: What are the reasons motivating you to work on it?   What are the reasons motivating you to work on it? EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 9:55 pm

Post your reasons and motivating factors here. Maybe you will inspire others at the same time?
Back to top Go down
http://helpinghoarders.com
gopats

gopats

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-12

What are the reasons motivating you to work on it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are the reasons motivating you to work on it?   What are the reasons motivating you to work on it? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 6:10 pm

Not wanting to spend the rest of my life pushing around my stuff.

Not wanting to disappoint my kids one more time with a broken promise of a clean house.

Wanting to put emphasis people over things.

Wanting to have people over and entertain.

Needing a clear vision of what I want to accomplish when I walk into the house. Too much visual clutter makes that impossible.

Wanting to break the cycle of perfectionism, saving, placing more importance on things than is necessary, and most important -- breaking the cycle of anxiety and compulsion.

Wanting to really be in control, rather than the compulsion controlling me.

Needing less dust in the house.

Wanting to save money.

Wanting to spend more time with people, not things.

Not wanting to feel like I have to hide from the neighbors.

Wanting to become a better decision maker.

Not wanting my kids to resent me when they are older for a childhood that they missed due to my behavior!
Back to top Go down

What are the reasons motivating you to work on it?
Page 1 of 1