Connecting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connecting

Welcome to the HelpingHoarders.com discussion forums.
A non-judgemental community for support and sharing

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HH Main SiteHH Main Site  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Changing Thoughts: Dysfunctional Thought Record

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Changing Thoughts: Dysfunctional Thought Record Empty
PostSubject: Changing Thoughts: Dysfunctional Thought Record   Changing Thoughts: Dysfunctional Thought Record EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 10:52 am

http://www.helpinghoarders.com/DTR.html

Have you ever used a Dysfunctional Thought Record? How did that technique assist you?
Back to top Go down
http://helpinghoarders.com
gopats

gopats

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Changing Thoughts: Dysfunctional Thought Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing Thoughts: Dysfunctional Thought Record   Changing Thoughts: Dysfunctional Thought Record EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Thank you so much for posting this!!

I have never used one of these, but it looks very interesting.

I have never been to therapy for this, either, but reading the COH and Squalor Survivors websites and others allowed me to actually see first hand what my actions were doing, and why I felt the way I did. When I read all of the hallmarks of hoarding: perfectionism, control, anamorphism, rescuer complex, avoidance, demand resistance, etc. they all pretty much applied to me. From there, I was able to slowly, slowly retrain my thinking to think about things and my actions in a different way. But, this might be a valuable tool to have, so I will try it and see what happens. I can see applications of this for other areas, too, such as social anxiety.
Back to top Go down

Changing Thoughts: Dysfunctional Thought Record
Page 1 of 1