Connecting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connecting

Welcome to the HelpingHoarders.com discussion forums.
A non-judgemental community for support and sharing

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  HH Main SiteHH Main Site  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Things Not to Do to a Recovering Clutterer/Hoarder

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gopats

gopats

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Things Not to Do to a Recovering Clutterer/Hoarder Empty
PostSubject: Things Not to Do to a Recovering Clutterer/Hoarder   Things Not to Do to a Recovering Clutterer/Hoarder EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:59 am

Here are some things that I wish people would not do to me/my family:

Give me two of everything.

Buy the "whole set" and give it to me (or my kids) at once, when it is something that could be gotten over time and worked towards.

Overload me with candy and other "treats" when you know I have a weight issue. Overload my kids with more candy than they can eat before the next holiday.

Give me something with strings attached.

Buy things for my kids as a reward for every little thing they do.

Bring me magnets and kotchkes (sp?) from your trips. One small mometo is enough. It doesn't have to be a whole bag of stuff. I didn't take the trip...you did.

Don't keep bringing me things that don't work in my house, such as towels that can't hang on my refrigerator or another potholder when I already have 50+ potholders.

Don't ask me to be your repository for your things or things you don't want to get rid of but don't want in your own house anymore.

Don't ridicule me for giving away or donating things. Don't question where or who I give them to. Be glad that I am making positive changes.
Back to top Go down

Things Not to Do to a Recovering Clutterer/Hoarder
Page 1 of 1